Volunteer Background Check
Background Check Process
Veritas encourages and welcomes parents, grandparents, and friends of the school to volunteer on campus, and there are many volunteer opportunities available!
The safety of our students is our number one responsibility. As such, all volunteers must submit to a background check and fingerprinting, after which volunteering may begin. To initiate your background check, please go to www.daontis.com and follow these steps:
1. Click “Register” just under the UPS symbol.
2. After you have confirmed your e-mail address and are ready to start, choose “Florida-Based Companies” (not “Double Check”).
3. The school’s ORI number is V55040039.
4. The cost to you will be $60, which you will pay online. Limited financial assistance may be available; please call the school at (904) 810-1050.
5. You will receive a confirmation that you will need to take with you to your nearest UPS store to have your livescan fingerprints taken.
Once you have completed this process, Veritas will contact you to add you to the schedule of volunteers. (Please note: We are required to have a new background check linked to Veritas’s ORI number (above) for each volunteer, even if you have had a recent check through another school or company. We apologize for the inconvenience.)
Veritas believes each family must be involved in helping the school by contributing volunteer hours. This requirement is critical to the success of the school’s programs, atmosphere, and safety. Veritas requires each family to provide 20 hours of support service each school year. A record of hours for each family is maintained in the office. Each family will be billed at the rate of $40.00 per hour for each hour not met. Families will receive an invoice in May of each year for hours not completed.